Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Interesting video

I thought that the comments in this video, although maybe controversial to some, were interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTwm4IIBGPI

In response I wrote this:

"Interesting comments and well said. I don't have a problem with gay characters, but I don't find them particularly interesting either. An example might be Jack Harkness in Torchwood. Making him overtly gay doesn't seem to me to add to the story and for me feels kind of forced and boring. Had they toned it down a little it might have added an air of mystery to the character. However, I am sure that some people thought that this was an important part of his character. I might have a problem with putting gay characters in a movie if it just feels forced to push an agenda, like for example in a kids film. I liked the character of Harvey Milk, since the movie is not only a biography, but homosexuality was an important part of the story. Having gay characters in The Walking Dead felt right to me, because it represents society in general. "

--

No comments:

Post a Comment