Saturday, July 4, 2020

Life in The New Abnormal World

In response to ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qne4YAAqGL8

I wrote...

I used to like this channel, but I don't find this useful at all. It is all conspiracy theories. The virus is real. People dying is real. You can argue over the details, but we need better treatments and vaccines. Things will return to normal, maybe in 6 months to a year.

For me, I'm afraid. I'm more at risk. My 80-year-old leukemia patient mother has been told that she would die from this disease if she were to catch it. Her health is frail already.

We have only been social distancing for barely over 3 months. I started on March 21st. Most of what has transpired has done so in a single season. What will things be like in another 3 months? I don't know, but one possible outcome is that things get much worse. People need to take steps now to prevent a much worse outcome for the remainder of the year.

This is all very inconvenient I know. We are in the middle of a worldwide crisis. We have to act accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment