Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Ten Year Old Facebook Post

 John Coffey October 7, 2016 ·

hared with Public
I believe in freedom. I think that freedom leads to economic growth. I think that we need economic growth, especially since we are $20 trillion in debt, not counting unfunded liabilities, which are much larger.

I think there is strong evidence that larger, more intrusive governments reduce economic growth. Studies have been done on this, but on the simplest level, you can compare countries at one extreme, like North Korea and Cuba, with countries at the other extreme, like Luxembourg and Liechtenstein. The countries in between tend to fall along a linear scale, with the more economically free countries being more prosperous.

It is not consistent with freedom to have the government take from one person to give to another.

People are worried about corporate power. The Libertarian solution is not to give the government so much power that wealthy people and corporations can influence it.

No comments:

Post a Comment