Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Fwd: Obviously there are some things things that have changed


'"I am president, I am not king. I can't do these things just by myself," Obama said Oct. 25, 2010.

 

"I'm not the emperor of the United States. My job is to execute laws that are passed," he declared three years later on Feb. 14, 2013.

 

Later that year on Sept. 17: "[I]f we start broadening that [the deferred action program for undocumented immigrant youth], then essentially I would be ignoring the law in a way that I think would be very difficult to defend legally," he said. "So that's not an option."

 

How could the president now do what he plainly said was illegal as recently as last fall?

 

That's what I asked White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest at today's White House briefing. In what appears to be a rare acknowledgement of a presidential flip flop, Earnest explained "obviously there are some things that have changed on this."

 

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/flip-flop-white-house-concedes-obama-shift-immigration/story?id=27006363

 

No comments:

Post a Comment