Sorry to beat the same drum over and over, but...
This Youtuber is clearly on the opposite of the political spectrum as me, and he is nasty in his comments about Republicans, but I have independently come to the same conclusions as him regarding the origins of COVID-19, and about Fauci. Although the video is from today, I was privately making all the same points yesterday.
I want to point out that if we have questions about any scientific topic, we can quickly get answers by searching Google for scientific papers regarding the topic. It only takes a minute or two.
Hardly a day goes by that I don't hear some conspiracy theory that isn't supported by scientific research.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWxqBaWt5uY&t=368s
There was only so much of the video I was willing to watch, since I had already researched all of this, and the presenter can be a little annoying. I was only interested in the first 32 minutes.
Until recently, I considered the lab leak and lab origin theories plausible, especially since I don't trust the Chinese Communist Party and what they may be up to. However, COVID-19 is the most studied disease in history, and I have recently come across scientific papers that show strong evidence that COVID-19 came from natural origins. It also doesn't match what an engineered virus would look like nor anything being worked on at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
Reportedly, the Chinese government takes virus research seriously because they know that they are vulnerable. The Wuhan lab is reportedly one of the best in the world.
In a May 2021 Senate hearing, Rand Paul asked Anthony Fauci a single question designed to create a conspiracy theory that has almost become accepted as fact five years later. Trump and certain government departments support this conspiracy theory. He asked Fauci if he still supported Gain of Function research at the Wuhan lab. Fauci responded that Paul didn't know what the hell he was talking about.
I've come to the conclusion that Fauci was right. Rand Paul was trying to create the impression that Fauci was funding dangerous Gain of Function research that created the COVID-19 virus which then leaked from the Wuhan lab. Every single point is wrong...
The Eco Health Alliance is a non-profit environmental organization, formerly run by Peter Daszak, which became concerned about dangerous pandemics. The organization funded research about animal viruses, especially in bats. The NIH, run by Fauci, gave the Eco Health Alliance 16.1 million dollars to do research. They in turn gave the Wuhan Institute of Virology $600,000 over several years to catalog bat viruses. I read the grant, and there is nothing in it about Gain of Function Research.
What the Wuhan lab did was to take the SARS-1 virus, because it is something that they could replicate in the lab and had plenty of experience working with, and attached bat virus spike proteins to it to see how it affected transmissibility. The NIH claims that this is not Gain of Function research because it made the viruses less transmissible. However, this seems like an argument over semantics, because what if they had created a more infectious virus?
The SARS-1 virus used by the lab is not related to the SARS-2 virus that we call COVID-19. The research that we know about would not have created COVID-19. There is no way to know for sure whether China may have been doing other research that we don't know about, possibly in other labs, but the evidence strongly suggests that COVID-19 has a natural origin.
Peter Daszek has received multiple death threats and fake Anthrax in the mail over the perception that he helped create the pandemic.
What Rand Paul is doing is using Fauci as a scapegoat in an election year to persuade people to his side. It is very unlikely that Fauci would be convicted of anything, even Contempt of Congress, because Paul has created a hostile environment by repeatedly threatening to throw Fauci in prison.
Almost daily I hear people say that Fauci lied. About what exactly? I can't find a single statement he made that was a lie at the time he made it. The situation changed a great deal as the virus spread and mutated, and this sometimes caused Fauci to modify his positions.
No comments:
Post a Comment