Sunday, August 7, 2011

2012 Presidential polls

If the country in general says that they are more willing to vote for a Republican than Obama, but all the individual candidates fall short in the polls against Obama, then this tells me that we have a bunch of lousy candidates.  

Romney is probably the man, but has too much baggage with Romneycare and needs to address that.  I think that he should come up with an alternative to Obamacare.   Maybe Romney's religion won't be an issue, and I have got nothing against Mormons, but something like 22% of the country say that they will not vote for a Mormon.  Compare that to 3% who won't vote for a black candidate.

I like how well Rick Perry speaks, and I would vote for anyone running against Obama, but I don't like how eager he is to mix religion with politics.  He seems like he is on a religious crusade and not a political campaign.  It is possible that he could soar if the religious conservatives back him, but I think that it is more likely that he will only get partial support.  Is Michele Bachmann any different?

Herman Cain is my favorite, but he is so far down in the polls that he seems like a lost cause.  Nobody knows who he is.  Maybe he could get a VP spot.

A Romney-Perry ticket might have the best chance of winning.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html

No comments:

Post a Comment