Saturday, June 13, 2020

Conversation with Norm

10:26 AM

Norm Jenson

Just wondering if you're still a Trumper?

2:03 PM

John

I trust that you and I will never see eye to eye on this. Trump can't do one single thing without the left spinning it in the worst possible way claiming the most evil things about Trump.


I'm sure will never see eye to eye. Perhaps we can agree he's not doing a good job with the virus. Just setting a bad example by not wearing a mask. Resisting social distancing at press conferences. Planning rallies masks not required. I know you're taking the pandemic the pandemic seriously but some of his supporters are following his bad example and risking us all. It's hard to know how many have died due to his cavalier attitude but it is substantial that alone to my mind is reason enough not to vote for him. Members of the Lincoln Project are conservative like you but they see the harm he's caused.

5:01 PM

John

I think that this is a fine example of what I am talking about. Trump has been at the forefront of fighting this virus. He saved lives, possibly millions, with his travel ban. Biden immediately called Trump an hysterical xenophobe. As much as 3 to 4 weeks later public officials were still saying that the virus is not much of a threat. So was almost everybody in the press. (They were telling us to worry about the flu.) Trump made getting the resources we need to fight the virus a huge priority. Saying that Trump killed people is the kind of thing that I think is wrong and makes me very angry.

When the far left is trying to burn down our cities, beating up men and women, attacking cops, throwing Molotov cocktails trying to impose communism on us, trying to take away our freedom, trying to impose a completely false narrative of a racist America, claiming that good people who are not racist are actually racist, exploiting a completely and provable false narrative of police racism and genocide against Black people, did you really think that I was going to abandon Trump amidst all this?

With all the lies against Trump, and the attempts to tear down our society and take away our freedom, the people who love freedom in this country have taken notice. When our cities are in flames then you are going to see a repeat of 1968 where the silent majority is going to vote in the candidate who most represents law and order. It is going to be the biggest backlash in history. (If this doesn't happen then I will think that my birthright to live in a free country has been stolen from me. The United States has already gone way past constitutional limits on government power.)

Just my opinion, but I think this is correct.

Best wishes,

John Coffey
Norm Jenson

Wow




No comments:

Post a Comment