Saturday, August 21, 2021

Peak COVID cases

FYI.

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 12:22 PM Albert wrote:

It's just a matter of perspective. If you've been following the fall of Afghanistan, you may have noticed, no one in that country seems to be worried much about COVID-19 nor its variants. No one in Afghanistan seems to be wearing masks.  Just saying. The C-17 cargo jet had 600+ Unmasked passengers. There wasn't a single mention about mask mandates, vaccination requirements, social distancing, etc. Oh, wait a minute maybe I'm confusing this with Obama's 60th birthday party at Martha's Vineyard. He had 600+ unmasked guest, no social distancing, unvaccinated, etc. What about the plane load of Texas Democrats who went to Washington DC ? - the same: unvaccinated, no social distancing, a COVID-19 spreader event, etc. Nearly, a million illegal immigrants from our southern border, unvaccinated, untested, unmasked, no social distancing, transported throughout our country by our government, etc.

I'm sure the government appreciates you and I taking COVID-19 seriously. However, it's easy to see why people don't take the government seriously. Rules for thee, but not for me. The government's shotgun approach to requiring vaccines isn't going over very well the anti-vaxers. 

I'm in no hurry to get the booster. While other people are fearfully waiting to get access to the COVID booster shot. I'll just wait a few weeks and let the anxious ones get their booster and observe. If there are no apparent side effects and it proves useful in slowing the spread of COVID-19, I'll take the booster. 


From: John 
To: Albert

Because people find the government guidelines/mandates inconvenient, uncomfortable, and an infringement on freedom, they seem to latch onto any inconsistency to rebel against these guidelines/mandates and declare them illegitimate.  However, people lose sight of the fact that we are dealing with a deadly pandemic that has killed 4.4 million people   Things changed over time, and as more studies were done, the government guidelines changed and this was completely appropriate.  The fact that some people in power have been inconsistent or hypocritical doesn't by itself invalidate the recommendations.  

The reality is that things have gotten much worse, just because of the Delta variant.  We should be taking more steps to stop the spread of the virus.

You say that other people are fearfully waiting to get access to the COVID booster shot.  I have reason to be fearful.  I have family members to protect.  Also, I personally have had a very difficult time with respiratory illnesses, which according to my allergy doctor is because of asthma.  I feel like I am more at risk.  I know that the vaccine protects me to a certain degree, but according to a specific study, this protection is going to significantly decline over time.  So I am going to get the booster at my first opportunity, although that is still 3 months away.

The government isn't requiring everyone to get the vaccine, nor can they.

--
Best wishes,

John Coffey




No comments:

Post a Comment