Monday, October 11, 2021

My Facebook post from 5 years ago.

I believe in freedom. I think that freedom leads to economic growth. I think that we need economic growth, especially since we are 20 trillion dollars in debt, not counting unfunded liabilities which are much larger. I think that there is strong evidence that larger more intrusive governments reduce economic growth. Studies have been done on this, but on the simplest level, you can compare countries on one extreme, like North Korea and Cuba, to countries on the other extreme like Luxembourg and Liechtenstein. All countries tend to be on a linear scale where the freer are the more prosperous.
It is not consistent with Freedom to have the government steal from one person to give to another.
People are worried about corporate power. The Libertarian solution is to not give the government so much power that the wealthy can influence it.

No comments:

Post a Comment