Thursday, March 31, 2022

'Outnumbered' on Disney executives pushing woke agenda in leaked video | Fox News Video

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6302330252001?playlist_id=3482905335001#sp=show-clips&spark_wn=1

To support diversity, people previously took the position that movies and entertainment "should look like America."   No problem and I welcome this, but when I hear a Disney executive say that their characters have to be at least 50% LBGTQ or minorities, I think that it is discrimination against the majority who don't fit into these categories.  Disney can have whatever kinds of characters they want, but if entertainment is overtly pushing an agenda then it takes away from the entertainment because the agenda takes precedence over the storytelling.  It is a distraction.

I used to think that Star Trek Discovery is a pretty good show.  However, the most recent season was almost 100% female.  The few male characters are either the bad guys or gay.  This is not what I expect from a Star Trek show, which should be anti-discriminatory.  I don't have a problem with an all-female series, but when it is so obvious that they are pushing an agenda then it feels like we are being manipulated.  I find myself asking why doesn't the future have men in prominent roles?

A couple of years ago, one of the writers on Star Trek Discovery made the bold statement that every single character on the show is bisexual.  They haven't made this obvious, but how does this look like America?

No comments:

Post a Comment