Monday, June 20, 2022

Re: Transgender Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: John

I should clarify my position.

If men want to dress like women, it is a free country, but I think that this is some type of mental illness.  I do not believe that men can become women.  It is pretty clear what a woman is in regard to reproduction.   If I were to surgically alter myself to look like a dog, that would not make me a dog, no matter how much I wanted to be a dog.

There are slight differences between the brains of men and women.  I have heard that transgender people are more likely to have brains that resemble the opposite sex.  There are effeminate males and masculine women.  There is a normal range of human behavior.  However, one's mental state or preference does not make someone the opposite sex.  

However, my issue is not with human behavior but with coerced speech.  If I don't call a 'he' a 'she' then I am labeled as a bigot.  The actress Gina Carano had her career ruined for not using preferred pronouns. Jordan Peterson became famous for opposing speech laws in Canada that would force him to use preferred pronouns.  They want to force us to lie to protect people's feelings.  However, I am not going along with this insanity.

--
Best wishes,

John Coffey

http://www.entertainmentjourney.com


On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 9:55 AM Steve wrote:
>
> thanks for the comment...pretty sure I can never watch this and be fine
>
> you have made my time more worthwhile, and I appreciate it
>
>
> On 6/19/2022 8:18 PM, John Coffey wrote:
>
> In response to ...
>
>
>
> I wrote:
>
> 9:35 I missed the use of the plural "them" and the whole transgender subplot, or that this was a transgender actor. I liked the episode quite a bit regardless. I didn't feel like I was being lectured to in order to push an agenda, which happened all the time on Discovery, and would be a negative for me. Speaking of which, I don't like being lectured to that I must distort the English language to conform to a leftist agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment