- There is no Santa
- What are they buying?
- Republicans as Democrats
- The ‘Stimulus’ package — all economists agree?
- Like Europe
- List of waste in the stimulus bill...
- "Anxious over the ballooning size of the proposed economic stimulus package, now at more than $900 billion, lawmakers in both parties are working on a last-minute plan to strip tens of billions of dollars from the bill.... Stimulus Talks Set to Continue After Centrists Push Cuts
- 'In 1801, Jefferson in his address said that "the sum of good government" is not very much -- to be "wise and frugal," to "restrain men from injuring one another," to "leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits" and to "not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned." ' Summoning the U.S. Up from Childishness
- "Now, there are some who question the scale of our ambitions - who suggest that our system cannot tolerate too many big plans. Their memories are short. For they have forgotten what this country has already done; what free men and women can achieve when imagination is joined to common purpose, and necessity to courage.What the cynics fail to understand is that the ground has shifted beneath them - that the stale political arguments that have consumed us for so long no longer apply. The question we ask today is not whether our government is too big or too small, but whether it works - whether it helps families find jobs at a decent wage, care they can afford, a retirement that is dignified. Where the answer is yes, we intend to move forward. Where the answer is no, programs will end. " RAW DATA: President Barack Obama's Inaugural Address
How appaling that the President is telling us to not worry about cost. - John Coffey