Monday, April 25, 2016

My comment on facebook

I hesitate to say anything because I am going to offend well meaning people that I disagree with.

Regardless if you are homosexual or heterosexual, I say more power to you; live your life the way you want. If you have had a sex change operation (A.K.A Gender reassignment surgery), because that makes you happy, I say the same thing: More power to you; live your life the way you want.

But if you want to dress as the opposite sex, don't expect me to accept your fantasy. I see well intentioned friends say that nobody is threatened in bathrooms, and for the most part they would be correct. But they assume that 100% of the population is going to behave themselves. The reason why we have a standard that a men's bathroom is for men and a woman's bathroom is for women is to prevent abuse. Taking away a standard makes it easier for a tiny percentage of people to abuse the system.

There have been a couple of incidents where women entered a bathroom that I was using. This is not only a violation of my privacy, but I also find it disturbing and it makes me angry.

Sometimes people try to push a political issue too far. When they do that, they will create a political backlash, because it offends the sensibilities of a great many others.

Best wishes,

John Coffey


On Facebook I saw a quote that I really liked:

Jon Thomas

I used this thought from Thomas S Monson to teach my class yesterday: "Work without vision is drudgery; vision without work is dreaming; but work coupled with vision is destiny!"




No comments:

Post a Comment